What are the key features that make a business website stand out? The internet offers plenty of opportunities to build websites easily and quickly. Unfortunately, this convenience is the reason why we see thousands of amateurs and scammers rise every day trying to extract personal information such as bank accounts and credit cards. This phenomenon has made many people reluctant to use the internet, especially for online shopping.
Unfortunately, these scammers also hurt others who try to use the internet to earn money.
So how can you gain visitors' trust?
You don't have a second chance to make a first impression.
The visitor of your website should face a modern professional website with an elegant design and a clear goal. If the website is pre-made and looks amateurish, visitors will find it suspicious and will probably leave.
A good web design company with experience in building professional websites can help you get a stylish website. In addition to the elegant design, the website should have the following essential elements.
Name and Hosting (Domain & Hosting)
The content of your website should be specific to the nature of your business. However, you can include a lot of relevant content that you think might be of interest to your visitors. If you update the content often and it’s useful and interesting for your visitors, be sure that this will greatly help your traffic and reputation. If you don’t know what to write, then you can outsource professionals for content writing.
Creating a List of Potential Customers
Why give personal details?
- How will the data be used?
- Do they share data with third parties?
- Are they sold to third parties?
- Are you responsible for the websites you link to?
- If you collect credit card information, what happens to it after purchase?
- What steps do you take to secure this information?
- How can they contact you for questions?
- How can someone stop receiving promotional emails from you?
Who we are - About Us
- A short CV (of the company or yours)
- Photo (s)
- Description of key features and activities
- The purpose of the website or company
- Contact info
- Possible credentials, for example, testimonials of famous clients, press reviews, interviews, certificates
Testimonials - Customer Reviews
These testimonials further increase your credibility and the value of what you offer. The best testimonials are those that include complete customer information (must give permission).
The most convincing testimonies are videos, the slightly fewer ones with audio and the less convincing (which unfortunately can be easily created by a scammer) plain text. So try to persuade your customers to offer such testimony with video or at least audio. The more satisfied they are, the easier it will be to convince them.
You can show in practice that you are doing what is possible for your customers and you are really interested in their opinion by having a specific way of receiving feedback. You can do this in at least three ways:
- feedback form on a separate page
- script on each page where a simple click displays a feedback form
- polls where you do mini polls for your customers’ opinion on a topic
You should display copyright information on every page of your website. You can put the copyright at the bottom (footer) of the website. To make it more distinct, it’s good to write the word copyright and the © symbol, because in some countries, one or the other is not recognized. For example:
Copyright © 2021 Thestarsmedia.com
Ensuring the existence of these key elements in your website will boost your credibility and increase your chances of success and profits.